Friday 8 February 2013

DIY Fox Box



With Valentine's day coming up, I've been looking around for DIY ideas to come up with something a bit more personal this year. I've already been inspired by thegluegungirl's simple tutorial to make my own card, and stumbled upon a really cute little gift box idea here. The instructions used a favour box and then added the extra card cut-outs to make it look like a fox. However, I have no idea where I'd get boxes like that, and, after a bit of searching, I found lots of similar versions of this 'fox box' people had made themselves, so I thought I'd have a go.

I used:
2 A4 sheets of orange card
White and black felt
2 small magnets (left over from here)

With an A4 piece of card, I used a basic template to make a gift bag shape, like this:


I then used another piece of card to make a flap over the top, and cut out a tail and ears from the card too. I used white and black felt for the face and tail parts instead of card, to make it look a bit more 'furry'. Finally, I added two little magnets under the flap and on the box, to keep it closed. This was the result:


I LOVE it! Although I've bought the boyfriend a 'proper' present, I think he'll appreciate more that I made him something, especially if I fill the box with his favourite sweet treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment